Thursday, June 26, 2008

Bubby Talk

I have to give credit where credit is due.....

My friend Shannon started a "Child's Language Blog" and posts her little darlings' cutest sayings periodically. We were talking the other day and she commented that I should add something funny that Larson said to my Blog. So every now and then I will add "Kids' Cutest Sayings" section. Thanks goes to Shannon for this great idea! What a wonderful idea to cherish the baby talk that will fade ever so quickly, I know!

I have shared this cute saying of Larson's over the last 2 weeks........
Larson is my outgoing, entertainer, welcome wagon, flamboyant type

Larson went w/ me to take Layton for his 18 mo. Dr. well check. All was fine until Layton got his hands shut in the clinic room door while waiting to see the Dr. Layton continues to whale the entire visit. To my surprise they've added a new shot to this appt. (which means I would have not taken Larson to witness this)! :D As the shot nurse arrives with a needle held high and Layton still whaling....Larson takes a big look up and shouts, "OH BOY, I GOT A BAD FEELING ABOUT THIS ONE!" I don't know where he picked this up, but it was so hard not to bust out laughing as poor Layton was fussing!

Larson's favorites at age 3.5:
~riding bikes
~riding his scooter
~swimming
~wacking golf balls in the yard
~playing with friends in the yard..Noah and Parker
~fixing things w/ daddy, using his play tools
~being with cousins Brady, Collin and Timmy
~building structures w/ Lincoln logs or Mega blocks
~weekend trips to the cabin


Layton's my observer....quiet, funny, sneaky explorer type
He's started talking in a few 2 word combos, but usually likes to sign or direct our attention to his acknowledgments. Within the last few weeks, he has started pitching balls (like a shot put) and saying "Bye ball," which we think is precious. Some new words that are more or less mummbled and "caught" not always purposeful: Elmo, Say Say (Sadie dog), Lar Lar, Hey Da da, roar sound w/ a claw sign, side side (outside), shewwz (shoes)-loves shoes!!!

His favorties: at 18 months old
~anything big brother is doing
~climb and stand on chairs or anything he can-yikes
~rub his finger over his lips for a mouth harp--he does this to entertain himself when bored....especially long car rides--who needs a toy
~CMT videos and music-he brings me the remote about 8am every AM
~Mom's mops, brooms, dust pans, etc.
~trying on anyone's shoes left for the taking
~pushing little cars around the house w/ motor sounds
~toting a golf club and ball around the yard
~pushing a kiddie rider around the yard as if he's mowing w/ mommy


No comments: